A Seating Plan is a diagram or a set of written instructions that determines where people should take their seats at an Event. Seating plans have a wide range of purposes. At Wedding Receptions especially, they are used to avoid chaos, confusion and to have your guests seated in an organized manner. Seating Plans also help to :-
- Introduce guests to each other and create dialogue or healthy conversations
- Minimize the time it takes for guests to be seated
- Avoid persons being asked to move and sit elsewhere
- Minimize Couples splitting up
- Minimize uninvited guests sitting at seats reserved for invited guests
HOW TO DO A SEATING PLAN:-
Seating Plan must be simple and effective. Two easy ways are:-
- CREATE A SEATING CHART. …….Take a piece of paper, write the names of your individual tables as a heading, example TABLE #1, then below, write the names of the persons to be seated at TABLE # 1. Do the same for TABLE # 2, TABLE # 3 until you have covered all your guests’ tables. You will need to find out from your Wedding Planner how many persons to be seated at each Table. Display your Seating Chart at your Wedding Reception’s Welcome Table. When your guests arrive, they will view the Seating Chart, see at which table they are seated and proceed to or be escorted to that table.
- CREATE SEATING CARDS…….You will need 1 card for each of your guests. Write the name of each of your guests and the table assigned on each card. Example Mr. John Brown – Table # 1. In the case of a couple, write Mr. & Mrs. John Brown – Table #1. Display cards on your Welcome Table. On your guest’s arrival, he or she will pick up the card bearing his or her name, take it to the table assigned, and place card at his or her chosen seat. YOU CAN DISPLAY YOUR SEATING CHART OR CARDS IN STYLES TO REFLECT YOUR STYLE OR THEFORMALITY OF YOUR WEDDING.
YOU CAN DISPLAY YOUR SEATING CHART OR CARDS IN STYLES TO REFLECT YOUR STYLE OR THE FORMALITYOF YOUR WEDDING.